Meet Dr. Gregory K. Tilley, D.C.
Dr. Tilley has 23 years of experience in exercise, nutrition, sports medicine, health promotions and healthcare. He'sp assionate in delivering excellent patient care, and communicates with patients and other healthcare professionals in constructing a successful treatment plan of care.
- Doctorate in Chiropractic | Life University College of Chiropractic | Marietta, GA
- Bachelor of Science - Community Health Promotions/Athletic Training | Liberty University | Lynchburg, VA
Certifications & Training
- CPR Certified
- Title IX & Retaliation Workshop Certified
- Sports Injury Continued Education
- Voted Number One for "Best Bedside Manner" in Our Health Magazine
- Named as Honorable Mention for "Best Bedside Manner" in Our Health Magazine
- Team Chiropractic Physician for ACC's Football Championship Teams
- Named to "America's Top Chiropractors" by Consumers Research Council
- Named to "Top 30 under 40" Business Owners list of Southwest Virginia by Blue Ridge Journal
CO-FOUNDER | Southwest Virginia Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center - 2010-Present
- Established community's first multi-disciplinary/multi-doctor practice under one roof. Conceived/built 20,000 square foot medical office building and leased all offices consisting of Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Osteopathic, Pain Management, Neurologist, and Orthopedic Surgeons.
- One of four proprietors of 2 LLCs in operations management (facility maintenance, lease contracts, property management) and construction (past construction and future projects).
- Since inception, remained 100% full despite maintaining highest lease per square foot in area.
STAFF TEAM CHIROPRACTIC PHYSICIAN | Virginia Tech Sports Medicine Department - 1999-2017
- Created position after three years of volunteerism; contribute as team member of multidisciplinary healthcare services for all NCAA Student Athletes. Work sidelines of every home Virginia Tech football game for 17 years.
- Partnered with other physicians and healthcare workers to help speed recovery and increase healing success. Helped thousands of NCAA athletes and many have become Professional Athletes.
- Research principal for pre-participation manipulation and athletic performance study.
PRESIDENT - OWNER | Tilley Chiropractic & Sports Injury Clinic, Inc. dba: Tilley Spinal & Wellness Center, 1997-2020
- Hands-on operations management of chiropractic - holistic health - wellness business that provides quality healthcare to community, including billing, marketing/promotions, website, compliance, and staff management.
- Built successful professional and personal relationship within local community. Treated over 10,000 patients and grew startup business to over $3.5M.
TEAM CHIROPRACTIC PHYSICIAN | Blacksburg High School Athletic Teams 2000-2014
- Work sidelines of every home football game for 13 years.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF SPORTS MEDICINE | Liberty University 1992-1993
- Head Athletic Trainer for Basketball, Soccer, and Baseball teams; Assistant Director of Sports Medicine Dept.
- Provided healthcare and coordination of healthcare services of Student Athletes; coordinated travel and NCAA drug screening. Taught 40+ Student Trainers.
Academic Appointments: Guest Lecturer
- Clinical Education Instructor and Guest Lecturer for Sports Medicine Dept. at Virginia Tech - 1999-Present
- VPI-SU-Community Health Undergraduate Classes - 2001-2003
- Grant study of Chiropractic and Division I Athletes - 2001-2003
- Radiology Department: Advanced Imaging Ordering Privileges at MRH 1997-Present
- Laboratories: Blood Work and Other Lab Work at HCA/MRH 1997-Present
- Board of Medicine, Commonwealth of Virginia, #1844 Chiropractic Physician - 1997-Present
- Principal in Research Article for Family practice Osteopathic Journal
Committee & Memberships
- University Club Membership Committee - 1999-2000
- Blacksburg High School Task Force Committee - 2000-2001
- Research Principal for Pre-Participation Manipulation & Performance Study at Virginia Tech - 2003-2007
- Board Member of Wesleyan Community Church - 2004-2007
- Treasurer for Wesleyan Community Church - 2005-2007
- Board Member of Blacksburg First Wesleyan Church - 2011-2014
- Member in the Gideon International Organization - 2009-Present
- Member of Blacksburg High School Football Boosters as Team Chiropractor - 1998-Present
- ACA-American Chiropractic Association - 1998-2005
- FCER-Research & Education Association - 2001-2004